1.1 Race organisation
Aktive Hoder AS
Professor Olav Hanssens vei 7
4021 Stavanger, Norway
Email: email@example.com, Phone: +47 4500 3500
2. RACE FEE AND ENTRY PRE-REQUISITE
To be able to participate in Rockman Swimrun you have to race in a team consisting of two persons that are at least 18 years old and able to swim.
Race Fees: Team Individual
Long Course 5995 NOK 3795 NOK
Short Course 4995 NOK 3295 NOK
Your race entry is non-refundable and non-transferable (however you can change one of the athletes should it be required by sending email to race crew. Each team member need to have a valid insurance for swimrun or sports similar to swimrun.
Rockman Swimrun is a OTILLO Swimrun Merit Race, and we recommend you utilize their OTILLO Swimrun Insurance Offering. Please read more about coverage and their Insurance terms www.otilloswimrun.com/Insurance.
3. RACE COURSE
3.1 Race course
- The athletes must follow the race course shown in map.
- The athletes that do not follow course will be disqualified.
- Athlete shall not overtake other teams and shall walk past tourists within marked-up “danger zones”.
- There will be a number of checkpoints throughout the course, see map.
- There may be additional un-announced checkpoints along course, not shown on map.
- Teams failing to pass a checkpoint will be disqualified.
3.2 Weather conditions
In case of extreme weather such as high winds or poor visibility or in case of another unexpected situation, the race organization has the right to shorten, or change the course or in worst case cancel the race.
4.1 General about Equipment
- All teams must bring all their equipment from start to finish.
- Teams picking-up or dropping-off equipment will be disqualified, unless designated pick-up and drop-off zones exists.
- Before the race there will be a mandatory gear check.
4.2 Mandatory equipment
The following equipment must be carried throughout the race:
Supplied by athletes per team:
- 1 x First aid pressure bandage
- 1 x Compass (watch with navigation feature is ok)
- 2 x Whistles
- 2 x Wetsuits suitable for water temperature of 10 degrees Celsius
Supplied by Rockman Swimrun per team:
- 2 x Race bibs
- 2 x Swimcaps
- 1 x Waterproof map
Supplied at Kåseklubben by Rockman Swimrun ut be used during fjordcrossing:
- 1 xSafeSwimmer buoy per team
4.4 Recommended equipment
- Water bladder or bottle easy to fill-up from creeks.
- Elastic string between team members to even out energy effort
4.5 Equipment that is NOT allowed
- Floatation help that is bigger than 100 cm x 60 cm.
- Any motorised equipment.
The time is from the start until the last of the two team members have passed the finish line. The website www.rockman.live will be used to track your progress during race day.
If your timing chip is lost or you dont hand in your timing chip a fee of NOK 500 will need to be paid.
5.2 Cut offs
Teams must pass cut-off point(s) with a certain time frame presented during the compulsory Race Brief at the latest. Team that do not make it to specified cut-off point(s) in time will be taken off the race and disqualified or directed to follow a shorter course.
6. RACERS RESPONSIBILITY
- The athletes must know the rules and follow these.
- The athletes shall respect other athletes, organization, spectators, tourists, the environment and the people living in the race area.
- The athletes are not allowed to use unfair methods to get advantages.
- Doping is forbidden as per Norges Idrettsforbund (NIF).
- The athletes are obliged to help in case of emergency if the organization is asking for it.
- Any gate that is opened must be closed, even if it’s left open by another team.
6.2 Before the race
The athletes can train and scout the course prior to the race but have to respect the residents and land-owners in the area in the area and behave according to the Norwegian “Allemansretten”.
6.3 During the race
- The athletes are participating at their own risk and cannot hold the organization responsible for any accident during the race.
- The teams are obliged at their best ability to help another team that have been injured or sick.
- A team that has abandoned the race shall report it as soon as possible to the organization.
- If, for any reason an athlete need to abandon race, the other team member must also stop.
- Garbage can only be left at the energy stations. Littering will lead to automatic disqualification at first offence.
7.1 Race jury
Race jury is 3 persons from the race organisation.
- The race jury is:
- Enforcing the rules
- Decide the outcome of a protest
- Decide about disqualification
- Decide about course changes and changes in the rules
- At least two members of the jury is needed to be able to take a race jury decision.
- The race jury has the right to use “common sense” to take a decision about arisen situation if it is not clear in the rules
- The decision of the race jury is definitive.
- A protest must be given in written to the race organization within an hour after finishing the race.
- A protest must include:
- Time and location
- Team number and signatures of the team members
- Team number or team name of the team that the protest is against
- The reason for the protest
- If possible include witness with name or team number
- A protest that does not fill the criteria of point 7.2.2 is being ignored.
- A decision from the race jury will be communicated with to those involved as soon as possible
Offence against the rules may lead to time penalty or in worst case lead to a disqualification.
7.4 External assistance
It is not allowed to receive assistance from other people than the race organization. Each team has to make their own way from start to finish.
8.1 General safety rules
- The two members of each team has to stay together at all time and can not be more than 20 meters apart on land and not more than 10 metres during swimming.
- The athletes shall never move further away than 10 m from the trail.
- The race organisation & the medic team can refuse a team to continue if they:
A) are not equipped with above specified compulsory equipment.
B) judge them not capable caused by fatigue or being in such bad physical condition.
- Athletes must enter water feet first. Diving into water is not allowed.
9.MEDIA AND SPONSOR EXPOSURE
9.1 Sponsor markings
The teams are allowed to have sponsors marked on their race gear.
9.2 Race swim caps
The race swim caps cannot be modified in any way and must be worn and visible on all swims.
9.3 Race bibs
The race bibs cannot be modified in any way and must be worn all the time
9.4 Pictures and film free rights
The athletes gives the race organisation the right to use pictures and film material taken during the race to be used free of rights in marketing, press material, internet, television and movie.
10. ACCEPTING THE RULES
By entering the race each team member accepts the rules in full.